Finding your suitable readers for drill press uses in woodworking is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for drill press uses in woodworking including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
665 reviews analysed
1. WEN 4208 8 in. 5-Speed Drill Press
- Includes a 1/2-inch keyed chuck and onboard key storage
- Operates at 5 different speeds: 740, 1100, 1530, 2100, 3140 RPM
- Spindle travels up to 2 inches with easy to read, locking linear depth stops for accurate and repeatable drilling operations
- Durable 1/3 HP induction motor develops ample torque and power
- 6-1/2 x 6-1/2″ worktable is height adjustable and bevels up to 45 degrees left & right
- Swing: 8 inch. Motor: 120V, 60Hz. Horsepower: 1/3 HP.
Remember when power tools were actually powerful? WEN’s 8-inch swing, 5-speed drill press is small but powerful enough to drill through metal, wood, plastics, and other materials. Max drill capacity is 1/2” in 1” thick cast iron. When you need accurate, repeatable holes, this tool will do the job more conveniently and precisely than a hand held drill. The perfect size for the shop and portable enough to take to the job. Constructed with a rigid frame consisting of cast iron: head, table, and base ensuring accurate holes. Its powerful induction motor features ball bearings for an extended life and it all comes together with smooth and balanced performance even at high speeds. The ½” chuck with JT33 spindle taper gives you versatility with a variety of bits. Worktable bevels 45° left and right for those tricky operations for the perfect right angles consistently. The base contains predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. The slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective workholding. Since 1951, WEN has proudly produced innovative powered tools focused on value delivering meaningful features that will help you complete and enjoy the work as much as the project. Remember when you could drill holes in any material with ease? Remember WEN.
2. WEN 4214 12-Inch Variable Speed Drill Press
- Infinitely variable speed ranges from 580-3200 RPMS. Mechanical variable speed delivers equal torque throughout the range. LED read out displays speed.
- Spindle Travel of 3-1/8″ with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations
- Quill diameter of 2.17 inches. Durable 2/3hp induction motor develops ample torque and power. Motor: 120 V, 60 Hz. Laser Module: Class III
- 9-1/2 x 9-1/2″ cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 Degree left & right
- Includes drill press, mechanical variable speed, laser, table roller extension, 5/8″ keyed chuck & key, tools for assembly
Remember when power tools were actually powerful? WEN’s 12-inch swing, variable speed drill press with laser centering device, is a powerhouse for your shop. Packed with features that you’ll find in larger more industrial type drill presses. This bench-top, cast iron drill press has the power to drill through metal, wood and other materials. Max drill capacity is 5/8” in 1” thick cast iron. The variable speed feature allows you to target in the exact speed (infinitely from 580-3200 RPM) that works for your project. While you are working you simply move a lever and adjust the speed as needed. No pulleys and belts to change! Our design uses a mechanical variable speed which allows for the same power and torque through the entire speed range. A digital readout powered by LED’s displays the running speed. Constructed with a rigid frame consisting of cast iron: head, table, and base, ensures accurate holes. Its powerful induction motor features ball bearings for an extended life and it all comes together with smooth and balanced performance even at high speeds. The 5/8” chuck with MT2 spindle taper gives you versatility with a variety of bits and features on-board chuck key storage, so you never have to hunt around for it. Worktable bevels 45° left and right for those tricky operations for the perfect right angles consistently. Base has predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. Slotted table allows for mounting clamps and vises for effective mounting. The X-pattern laser locks-on to your drill points saving on guesswork and sparing expensive materials. A versatile and valuable tool for any shop especially when you expand its range of use with optional accessories such as mortising attachments, drum sanders, circle cutters, etc. Since 1951, WEN has proudly produced innovative powered tools focused on value delivering meaningful features that will help you complete and enjoy the work as much as the project. Remember when you could drill with laser precision? Remember WEN. DO NOT use power tools in the presence of flammable liquids or gases
3. DEWALT DWS779 12" Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DEWALT DWS779 12″ Sliding compound Miter saw features a powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor that delivers extended power and durability. It has a super efficient dust collection system that captures over 75% of dust generated. This miter saw also offers an exclusive back fence design which cuts up to 2×16 dimensional lumber at 90° and 2×12 at 45°.
4. WEN 4210T 10 In. Drill Press with Laser
- Includes: drill press, class II 1mW laser, 1/2″ keyed chuck & key, tools for assembly
- Adjust between five speeds from 600 to 3100 RPM
- Spindle travel of 2-1/2” with easy to read, locking linear depth stop for accurate and repeatable drilling operations
- Durable 3.2-amp motor provides ample torque and power
- 7-5/8 x 7-5/8″ cast iron worktable features rack & pinion height adjustment and bevels up to 45 degrees left & right
Remember when power tools were actually powerful? WEN’s 10-inch swing drill press with laser centering device is a powerhouse for your shop. Packed with features that you’ll find in larger, more industrial type drill presses, you can power through metal, wood and other materials with ease. Change from five speeds to target the exact RPM right for your project (600, 1100, 1700, 2400, 3100 RPM). Rigid frame construction of cast iron provides sturdiness and reliability. Its powerful induction motor features ball bearings for an extended life, all combining together with smooth and balanced performance at any speed. The 1/2” chuck with JT33 spindle taper gives you versatility with a variety of bits. Worktable bevels 45° left and right for those tricky operations for the perfect right angles consistently. Base has predrilled holes for mounting onto a bench or work stand. The X-pattern Class II 1mW laser locks-on to your drill points saving on guesswork and sparing expensive materials. A very versatile and valuable tool for any shop especially when you expand its range of use with optional accessories such as mortising attachment, drum sanders, circle cutters, etc… Since 1951, WEN has proudly produced innovative powered tools focused on value delivering meaningful features that will help you complete and enjoy the work as much as the project. Remember when you could drill holes with laser precision? Remember WEN.
5. DEWALT DW1361 Titanium Pilot Point Drill Bit Set, 21-Piece
DEWALT’s titanium drill bits have a titanium coating that provides longer life when drilling in non-ferrous metals. These bits are also suitable for drilling in wood and plastic and are ideal for commercial and residential applications. Includes sizes from 1/6-inch to 1/2-inch in a plastic tough case.
6. Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10" Compound Miter Saw, 15-Amp Motor, Single Bevel, 0-52° Miter Angle Range, 0-45° Bevel Range, Large Table, 10" 24T TCT Saw Blade
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- 15-Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest of cuts
- Miter angle range: 0°-52°, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- Bevel range: 0°-45˚, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- Large table for better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
7. SKIL 3320-01 3.2 Amp 10-Inch Drill Press
Skil 3320-02 10″ Drill PressSkil Benchtop Power Tools are Quality Tools at a Great Price!Skil 3320-02 10″ Drill Press Features: 3.2 amp motor LaserX2 2 Beam Laser System Depth Adjustment System Variable Speed-570-3,050 RPM 0-45 degrees left and right tilting work surfaceSkil 3320-02 10″ Drill Press Specifications: Includes 10-in Drill Press with Laser Cast Iron Base and Work Table (2) AA Batteries Chuck Key
From the Manufacturer
Skil Benchtop Power Tools are Quality Tools at a Great Price !
8. Shop Fox W1668 3/4 HP Bench-Top Oscillating Drill Press
Shop Fox offers a broad assortment of drill presses to suit every need—from small hobby shops to professional machine shops. Our unique oscillating models provide the convenience of two machines in half the space, and Our Radial drill presses offer unmatched versatility. For the best selection of features, performance, and value, Look no further than Shop Fox.
9. WEN 3921 16-inch Two-Direction Variable Speed Scroll Saw
- Unique design accepts blades in two directions (standard and 90 degrees) to allow for infinite ripping capacity
- Variable speed goes from 400 to 1600 strokes per minute
- Spacious 16-by-11-inch table bevels up to 45 degrees to the left for angled cuts
- Cuts wood up to 2 inches thick with a 16-inch throat depth in the standard position
- Features a thumb screw blade adapter for tool-free blade changes, a cast iron base, an air pump, a flex light, a dust port, a foot lock clamp, onboard storage, and three blades
Remember when your scroll saw could cut in two different directions? Take on the most intricate and artful cuts with the WEN 16-Inch Variable Speed Two-Direction Scroll Saw. The 9/16-inch stroke saws through hard woods up to two inches thick. Adjust the speed anywhere from 550 to 1600 strokes per minute with the simple turn of a knob. The cast iron base prevents vibration and walking during operation while the spacious 16-by-11-inch table bevels up to 45 degrees for angled cut. The adjustable air pump clears saw dust from your work area to give you a clear line of vision as you cut. This combined with the 1-1/2-inch dust port keep your work area clean so you can focus on your woodworking. The saw also includes a hold-down foot clamp for securing your project in place along with a flexible work light that bends and adjusts to whatever position your heart desires. This unique blade holder accepts both pinned and pinless blades while also allowing users to change the direction of their cut to accommodate their particular workpiece. For pinned blades, simply pop the pins out of the front holder and turn the blade 90 degrees. Now, your cuts are no longer confined by the 16-inch throat of the scroll saw. On top of that, our removable pinless blade holder design tightly grips blades to prevent them from coming loose during operation. Onboard blade and holder storage creates simple organization solutions between jobs. And because its a WEN product, your scroll saw comes backed by a two-year warranty, a nationwide network of skilled service technicians and a friendly customer help line, all to make sure you remember WEN.
10. Lukcase Floor Drill Press Stand Table for Drill Workbench Repair Tool Clamp for Drilling Collet,drill Press Table with Vise
- ✔This heavy duty drill stand is designed for use with power drills with collar diameter of from 38mm to 43mm（1.48” to 1.7”).With this drill stand, drilling at surfaces, round workpieces and boards can be done with absolute precision.
- ✔Substantially cheaper than purchasing a full drill press. This drill press stand has all the necessary features expected in a full-size drill press stand.
- ✔It includes separate adjustments for limiting press depth and drill height so you can change drill position with minimal risk of over-drilling into the stand.
- ✔The drill collar can be adjusted to suit a variety of tools and the stand is supplied with 3 different size collar inserts to suit smaller drills.
- ✔It has a sturdy metal column bar and base with slots for fitting a machine vice and 4 clamping points for mounting firmly with your worktable .It also features a depth adjustment scale and stop ith an adjustable scale ring for accurately setting the drilling depth, down to the last millimeter.
Depth gauge Plastic collar insert
Mounting Holes Allen key & holder – for adjustment
Type: Iron Bottom Bracket Min- Max Clamp : 38-43mm（1.48” or 1.7”）
Main Rod : 25*400mm Size : 400*155*155mm
Drilling depth: Up to 60mm Base: Cast Iron Base
Quantity: 1x Drill Bracket (electric drill in the picture is NOT included) 1x Vise Clamp
Place the base on a level floor,Place the column on the base as deeply as use the hex key M8 to tight the two pieces hex bolts on the side of base.(These are 4 holes on the base on the bench)
Clamp Drill Machine
Put the Electric Drill machine or Die Grinder into the clamp,according to the size of neck of the machine use different thickness of brush,and use the hex key to tight the clamp lock bolt 8. Screw the Handle(20) to the feed shaft 21and tighten it.
And try to press some times to check the head sliding need,add some grease on the sliding slot and adjust the 3pcs screw 14 on the sliding sporter.
Adjustment of height of Head
According to the workpiece height,Up or down the head assembly,and tight the head lock bolts 9 by hex key. (unplug the drill before any adjustment of this stand)
Adjust the height of Point clamp 2 to control the drill Max travel for this stand is 60mm. Adjust the head to bevel drilling and milling. Loosen the screws 24 between Colum and the Head to desired position,and tighten the screws.adjustment angle is 90 degree.Trial running machine before operation trial runs machine no loading before any operation.
Before operation,please be advised to make sure that your drill and our drill press stand are all assembled firmly and securely without no loose.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Drill Press Uses In Woodworking for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!